§412:13-224 Supervision and enforcement. (a) The commissioner shall have all of the powers granted to the commissioner by the laws of this State to the extent appropriate to enable the commissioner to supervise each Hawaii state branch, Hawaii state agency, or Hawaii representative office.
(b) In order to carry out the purposes under this article, the commissioner may:
(1) Enter into cooperative, coordinating, or information-sharing agreements with any other bank supervisory agency or any organization affiliated or representing one or more bank supervisory agencies;
(2) With respect to periodic examination or other supervision of a foreign bank that maintains a Hawaii state branch, Hawaii state agency, or Hawaii representative office, accept reports of examinations performed by, and reports submitted to, other bank supervisory agencies in lieu of conducting examinations, or of receiving reports, as might otherwise be required under this article;
(3) Enter into joint examinations or joint enforcement actions with any other bank supervisory agency having concurrent jurisdiction over any foreign bank; provided that the commissioner, at any time, may take any action independently if the commissioner determines that the action is necessary or appropriate to carry out the commissioner's responsibilities under this article and to ensure compliance with the laws of this State;
(4) Enter into contracts with any bank supervisory agency having concurrent regulatory or supervisory jurisdiction over a foreign bank maintaining a Hawaii state branch, Hawaii state agency, or Hawaii representative office, to engage the services of the agency's examiners at a reasonable rate of compensation; and
(5) Assess supervisory, examination, and other fees and charges that shall be payable by foreign banks maintaining a Hawaii state branch, Hawaii state agency, or Hawaii representative office in connection with the commissioner's performance of the commissioner's duties under this article and in accordance with this chapter and rules adopted by the commissioner.
(c) Supervisory, examination, and other fees and charges assessed by the commissioner in accordance with this article may be shared with other bank supervisory agencies or any organizations affiliated with or representing one or more bank supervisory agencies in accordance with agreements between the commissioner and the agencies or organizations. [L 1996, c 155, pt of §2; am L 2004, c 216, §43]