§449-14 Fees. (a) The following fees shall be paid by licensed escrow depositories to the commissioner and, together with any administrative penalty or other charge assessed under this chapter, shall be deposited into the compliance resolution fund established pursuant to section 26-9(o):
(1) For filing and investigation of an escrow depository′s application for license, $5,000;
(2) For an application for approval to establish a branch office, $100;
(3) For an application for approval to relocate an existing office or branch, $100;
(4) For annual renewal of an escrow depository′s license, $2,000;
(5) For initial issuance and annual renewal of a branch office license, $100;
(6) For reissuance of a license for the change in the business address of its office, $50; provided that a reissuance caused by changes to the address by the United States Postal Service shall not require payment of a fee; and
(7) For an application for approval to cease business as an escrow depository, $0.
(b) For all escrow depositories examined by the commissioner or the commissioner′s staff, the commissioner:
(1) May charge an examination fee based upon the cost per hour per examiner. The hourly fee shall be $60;
(2) May charge additional amounts for travel, per diem, mileage, and other reasonable expenses incurred in connection with the examination; and
(3) Shall bill the affected escrow depository for examination fees and expenses as soon as feasible after the close of the examination or investigation. The affected escrow depository shall pay the division within thirty days following the billing. All payments shall be deposited into the compliance resolution fund established pursuant to section 26‑9(o). Any dispute by the affected escrow depository relating to these billings shall be reviewed by the commissioner who may modify, waive, or suspend any billing.
(c) An escrow depository that fails to make a payment required by this section shall be subject to an administrative penalty of not more than $200 per day for each day it is in violation of this section.
(d) Any fee authorized by this section may be set or modified by the commissioner by rule adopted pursuant to chapter 91. [L 1967, c 144, pt of §1; HRS §449-14; am L 1973, c 141, §1; am L 1979, c 219, §4; am L 1985, c 269, §50; am L 1992, c 205, §13; am L 1996, c 41, §3; am L 1999, c 129, §18; am L 2001, c 184, §4; am L 2013, c 166, §9]